Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), which is a central autonomous body under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The Institute conducts research in all frontline areas of plant biology, agriculture and chemistry. The institute invites applications from eligible candidates for admission in CIMAP-JNU Ph.D programme (2010) leading to award of Ph.D degree from JNU. Candidates who have completed or will be completing M.Sc. in life sciences (Agriculture/ Botany/ Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Bioscience/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Bioinformatics) with minimum 55 % marks and have cleared CSIR UGC NET Exam/ ICMR NET Exam / DBT JRF Exam or any other Exam leading to JRF/ SRF fellowship tenable at CIMAP (as on 03rd August, 2010) are eligible for selection under the programme to carry out advanced research in the area of Biotechnology/ Genomics/ Plant Tissue Culture/ Bioinformatics/ Plant Physiology/ Metabolomics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Botany and Pharmacogonosy/ Natural Product/ Synthetic/ Analytical/ Process Chemistry/ Agronomy/ Soil Science/ Plant Nutrition/ Crop Improvement/ Crop Protection/ Agricultural Economics & Extension, etc. The selection will be made on the basis of interview only. The selected candidates will be enrolled for Ph.D Programme in academic affiliation with the Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi. Reservations are as per Government of India norms.
The interview of short-listed candidates will be held on 02 and 03 August, 2010 and eligible candidate will be communicated about date and time of the interview by post. These students will have to complete Pre-Ph.D. courses in any one of the three sub-disciplines (Plant Sciences/Biotechnology and Bioinformatics/Chemical sciences) of their interest as the Core courses with optional courses, in two semesters spread over one year. On the successful completion of courses (OGPA 6.5/10 for general category and 6.0/10.0 for SC/ST/OBC) students will be eligible for registration as CIMAP-JNU Ph.D scholar under the supervision of CIMAP scientist available as guide to carry out research on a scientific topic covered under CIMAP’s mandate at CIMAP. A maximum of twenty four students may be admitted per academic year covering all the three sub disciplines mentioned above.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
1. Application should be typed on plain A-4 size paper in format given below. Application proforma can also be down loaded from our website.
2. Completed application forms must be accompanied with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.300/-(Rupees three hundred only) towards processing fee drawn in favour of Director, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow. A Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- (one hundred only) is acceptable from SC/ST/OBC candidate provided relevant documentary proof is attached with the application. The processing fee is not refundable.
3. Application should be accompanied by attested copies of certificates and mark sheets from Senior Secondary level onward.
4. Application along with Demand draft should be sent to” Director, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, PO CIMAP, Kukrail Picnic Spot Road, Lucknow-226015 so as to reach on or before 30 June, 2010.
5. Incomplete applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained. The decision of the institute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6. CIMAP will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for interview.
FORMAT FOR APPLICATION :
1. Photograph (Passport size) - Two numbers (one singed pasted on application and one unsigned attached)
2. Demand Draft details (Number, Date of issue, Value, Bank drawn on)
3. Name of the applicant
4. Name of Father and Mother
5. Whether belongs to SC/ST/OBC (attach certificate)
6. Date of birth
8. Permanent address
9. Address for correspondence
10. Contact Tel. No.; FAX; Email
11. Academic profile (Name of the examination, University/Board, Year of passing, Subjects, Division/Class obtained, Percentage aggregate/CGPA)
12. Title of M.Sc dissertation and/or Research Publication, if any
13. Year and month of qualifying the CSIR/UGC NET exam or equivalent (DBT-JRF; ICMR-NET) leading to award of fellowship/stipend tenable at CIMAP; Roll No.; Copy of the certificate or Proof of award if certificate not received
14. Declaration: “I declare that information furnished as above by me is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and that no related/relevant information is concealed. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, CIMAP will be free to cancel my candidature/selection”
15. Signature of candidate
16. Date and Place
[Please sign all the pages of your application]
Revised Fee Structure:
Candidates selected for CIMAP-JNU Ph.D Programme will be required to pay the following fees:
Tution Fee* : Rs.4000/-per semester
Admission & Enrolment fee : Rs. 100/-
Security Deposit (Refundable) : Rs. 2000/-
Identity Card folder : Rs. 100/-
Registration fee** : Rs. 5000/-
* To be realized in installments at the beginning of each semester till thesis submission.
** To be paid to Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi at the time of Registration